Summer Quick Camps at Stone Ledge Farm for 2022
- Saturday, June 18 – Registration deadline: Friday, May 21st
- Saturday, July 23 – Registration deadline: Friday, July 1st
- Saturday, August 18 – Registration deadline: Friday, July 22nd
Stone Ledge will continue to offer the very fun and exciting Summer Quick Camps that we introduced last year as an alternative to the full 3-day Horse Camp. These Quick Camps are 2 hours in length, on-the-ground (no riding) events, appropriate for ages 6+. Each camp will be capped at 25 participants, and registration can be done through emailing us directly. Cost of registration is $60/person or $80/person with a commemorative Stone Ledge 2022 T-shirt.
SUMMER QUICK CAMP SCHEDULE
Saturday, June 18th 1 PM-3 PM: “Kick Off Summer” Quick Camp. Registration deadline: Friday, May 21st. Participants will be creating works of art by using horses’ tails as paint brushes, then will learn to wash a horse’s tail, and take their horse through a fun, on-the-ground obstacle course!
Saturday, July 23rd 1 PM – 3 PM: “Summer Spa Day” Quick Camp. Registration deadline: Friday, July 1st. Participants will learn how to bathe and groom a horse, and give the lesson horses a true spa day, complete with hoof painting and a fashion show at the end to show off their beautiful, clean horses!
Saturday, August 13th 1 PM – 3 PM: “Painted Ponies” Quick Camp. Registration deadline: Friday, July 22nd. Participants will learn horse anatomy through color and paint as they paint the body parts of the horses with a washable paint. After learning about the anatomy of the horse, participants will give the horses a bath and take their cleaned horses through a fun, on-the-ground obstacle course!
REGISTRATION: You may register by sending Christie Batka a message using the form below with:
- Your child’s name and age
- T-shirt size (if you would like for them to receive a shirt). Sizes are Youth XS-Adult XL
- Date(s) of clinic you are registering for
You will be invoiced for the clinics via email and payment will be due at the time of registration.
Academy Palooza Show April 29-30, 2022
Calling all Stone Ledge Academy riders and families! Academy Palooza is happening at the Ledges Sporting Horse Stables at 12250 Love Road, Roscoe, IL 61073. We hope you’ll bring along some rowdy, cheering spectators and family members to encourage our riders!
Indiana Spring Classic April 7-9, 2022
One of our favorite shows of the year! Come cheer us on at the Indiana Spring Classic Horse Show on April 7-9, 2022 at the Michiana Event Center in Shipshewana, Indiana.
The class schedule for this show includes Morgan and Open Breed classes, Saddlebred and Hackney Ponies. There is also a strong Academy Division for our Stone Ledge Academy riders.
Spring Fling Horse Show April 1-3, 2022
Team Stone Ledge Farm will be competing at the Mid-American Spring Fling Horse Show on April 1-3, 2022 in Roscoe, Illinois. This is a qualifying show for the World’s Grand Championship Show in Louisville, KY for our Saddlebreds, and a great start to the show season for our Morgans.
The venue is the Ledges Sporting Horse Stables at 12250 Love Road, Roscoe, IL 61073 and spectators and fans are welcome!
Spring COVID-19 Policies & Protocol
Stone Ledge Farm
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROTOCOL
- Staff showing symptoms will not be permitted to work or enter the facility.
- Staff will practice proper social distancing between each other and clients, with mask wearing wherever social distancing is not possible.
- Staff will follow proper sanitizing best practices of hand washing and hygiene.
- Facility will implement access restrictions to prevent clients from entering staff only areas.
- Daily sanitizing of common areas including restrooms, door handles, faucet handles, and any other commonly touched surfaces.
Access to the Facility
- Access to the facility is by appointment only.
- Clients are encouraged to wait to enter the facility until 5 minutes prior to their scheduled lesson time, so as to limit “overlap”, and to be courteous of the previous lesson.
- Access will be restricted to anyone showing symptoms or signs of fever, and SLF reserves the right to deny access to anyone exhibiting symptoms or signs of fever.
- 2 parents/spectators per rider will be permitted to watch during lessons.
- The viewing room will be available to spectators with mask wearing and 6’ distancing encouraged.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and used at the time of entrance and exit of the facility.
During the Session
- As of 2/28/22, mask wearing is strongly recommended for all individuals while on the ground, in high traffic areas, except while riding and driving. Patrons who are unvaccinated or at higher risk for infection should use their best judgment, and remain masked as an extra measure of safety.
- Clients shall not assist with grooming, tacking or untacking of the horse. SLF staff will be handling getting horses ready and untacked for each session.
- All tack will be properly cleaned following each session. Saddles and reins touched by the client will be wiped down after use.
- Only instructors, clients or appropriate staff members are allowed in the arena or workspace during the session to maintain safety.
- Staff can help with mounting and dismounting, but all present are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Students and instructors will maintain recommended social distancing during the session.
- “Hanging around” after the session is strongly discouraged. All clients must leave the facility after their session so that the next client may enter when cleared by staff.
Protocols are fashioned after the Suggested Best Practices for Operating Barns in the COVID-19 Environment, May 4, 2020 from the Joint Leadership Council, comprised of members from the American Hackney Horse Society, American Morgan Horse Association, American Road Horse & Pony Association, American Saddlebred Horse Association, American Saddlebred Registry and the United Professional Horsemen’s Association.
2022 Stable Show Series
The Stone Ledge Farm Stable Show Series dates for 2022 are —
- January 22nd
- March 19th
- May 21st
- September 17th
- November 19th
For more information on the schedule, classes and other details, visit our Stone Ledge Academy page!
Public Reopening and COVID Guidelines
Tentative Re-Opening Date:
Monday, June 1st, 2020
Please note that should the Governor of Illinois extend the Stay-At-Home order, our re-open date will be pushed back accordingly.
Please familiarize yourself with our re-opening strategy below, and download and read the COVID-19 Policies and Protocols:
v click to download v
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROTOCOL
SLF Back To School Stable Show
Join us on September 14, 2019 for our Back To School Stable Show!
From 10:00 am until 2:00 pm, we will kick off the 2019-2020 Stable Show series on Saturday, September 14th at Stone Ledge Farm. This will be the first of four Stable Shows culminating in a High Point Award ceremony in March 2020 celebrating the High Point Champions and Reserve Champions who have accumulated the most points throughout the season.
Time: 10:00 AM, exhibitors to arrive at 9:00 AM with hair and makeup already done
Cost: $85 w/out purchase of SLF tee, $100 w/purchase of SLF tee
Attire: Jods or breeches, paddock boots, gloves, SLF tee, helmet
Sign-up sheet will be posted in the barn. Questions? Ask Christie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer horse camp is coming!
Don’t miss out! Download our registration form and sign up for Summer Horse Camp! Each camp session is $185 and enrollment is limited.
This year’s dates are June 24-26 and July 8-10th, camp runs from 9 am until 3:30 pm. Over an hour of riding each day, grooming and horse care, fun and games and t-shirts for all campers.
2019 INDIANA SPRING CLASSIC MORGAN HORSE SHOW
On April 11-13th, 2019, Stone Ledge Farm will be exhibiting at the Indiana Spring Classic Morgan Horse Show. Open to both Show Horse Clients and Academy Team Members, this competition is being hosted at the Michiana Event Center in Shipshewana, Indiana. The public is welcome to attend!
Stable Show at Stone Ledge
UPHA Winter Warm Up
Feb 18, Woodstock, IL
Stable Show at Stone Ledge
Indiana Spring Classic
Apr 8, Shipshewana, IN
Spring IASPHA Show
Apr 14-16, Woodstock, IL
May 5-6, Woodstock, IL
May 11-14, St. Paul, MN
Stable Show at Stone Ledge
6912 Manchester Rd.
South Beloit, IL 61080