Stone Ledge Farm
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROTOCOL
- Staff showing symptoms will not be permitted to work or enter the facility.
- Staff will practice proper social distancing between each other and clients with a requirement of
using a mask when assisting the client to maintain safety.
- Staff will follow proper sanitizing best practices of hand washing and including the use of hand
- Facility will implement access restrictions to prevent clients from entering staff only areas.
- Daily sanitizing of common areas including restrooms, door handles, faucet handles, and any
other commonly touched surfaces.
Access to the Facility
- Access to the facility is by appointment only.
- Clients must stay in their vehicle until the trainer, instructor or staff clears space for entry. This
will limit “overlap” of clients in the facility at one time.
- Access will be restricted to anyone showing symptoms or signs of fever, and SLF reserves the
right to deny access to anyone exhibiting symptoms or signs of fever.
- During Tier 3 restrictions per the state of IL, parents/guardians will not be permitted to spectate
during lessons and only students receiving their lesson will be permitted into the facility.
- The viewing room will remain off limits, and bathroom usage is to be kept to a minimum.
- Any client considered “at risk” due to age or existing medical condition is asked to schedule
lessons at a time when no other clients are present at the facility. Guardians that are also
considered “at risk” are asked to remain in the car during the session.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and used at the time of entrance and exit of the facility.
- SLF will not be accepting new students until July 1st, tentatively.
During the Session
- All clients must always wear a mask except when riding or driving. All riders must wear gloves
during the session.
- Client shall not assist with grooming, tacking or untacking of the horse. SLF staff will be
handling getting horses ready and untacked for each session.
- All tack will be properly cleaned following each session. Saddles and reins touched by the client
will be wiped down after use.
- Only instructors, clients or appropriate staff members are allowed in the arena or workspace
during the session to maintain safety.
- Staff can help with mounting and dismounting, but all present must wear a mask.
- Students and instructors will maintain recommended social distancing during the session.
- “Hanging around” after the session is strongly discouraged. All clients must leave the facility
after their session so that the next client may enter when cleared by staff.
Protocols are fashioned after the Suggested Best Practices for Operating Barns in the COVID-19 Environment, May 4, 2020 from the Joint Leadership Council, comprised of members from the American Hackney Horse Society, American Morgan Horse Association, American Road Horse & Pony Association, American Saddlebred Horse Association, American Saddlebred Registry and the United Professional Horsemen’s Association.
Tentative Re-Opening Date:
Monday, June 1st, 2020
Please note that should the Governor of Illinois extend the Stay-At-Home order, our re-open date will be pushed back accordingly.
Please familiarize yourself with our re-opening strategy below, and download and read the COVID-19 Policies and Protocols:
v click to download v
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROTOCOL
Join us on September 14, 2019 for our Back To School Stable Show!
From 10:00 am until 2:00 pm, we will kick off the 2019-2020 Stable Show series on Saturday, September 14th at Stone Ledge Farm. This will be the first of four Stable Shows culminating in a High Point Award ceremony in March 2020 celebrating the High Point Champions and Reserve Champions who have accumulated the most points throughout the season.
Time: 10:00 AM, exhibitors to arrive at 9:00 AM with hair and makeup already done
Cost: $85 w/out purchase of SLF tee, $100 w/purchase of SLF tee
Attire: Jods or breeches, paddock boots, gloves, SLF tee, helmet
Sign-up sheet will be posted in the barn. Questions? Ask Christie at email@example.com
Don’t miss out! Download our registration form and sign up for Summer Horse Camp! Each camp session is $185 and enrollment is limited.
This year’s dates are June 24-26 and July 8-10th, camp runs from 9 am until 3:30 pm. Over an hour of riding each day, grooming and horse care, fun and games and t-shirts for all campers.
We’re excited to be hosting a clinic with USEF Morgan Judge and long time Morgan trainer, instructor and exhibitor CINDY MUGNIER on March 1st-3rd, 2019. This will be a riding clinic open to SLF Academy Team members and Show Horse Clients. Watch this page for further information and details on sign up. Click here to see her 2017 World Champion victory pass on Blurred Lines!
Cindy is currently the Chairperson on the USEF Licensed Officials Committee, the Morgan Horse Committee and the Saddle Seat Equitation Committee, and is AMHA’s representative on the USEF National Breeds and Disciplines Council. She has trained and shown several World Champion horses and instructed World and Grand National Champion riders. Hailing from Belchertown, Massachusetts, she is in the center of “all things Morgan” and is a wealth of information and experience that we hope will benefit our horses and people. Don’t miss this event!
Join us at Beyond Stable Farm in Woodstock, Illinois on February 23, 2019 for the UPHA Chapter 10 Winter Warm Up Show! Featuring Academy classes, Saddlebred and Morgan classes and it’s free and open to the public to watch. Stone Ledge Farm will be taking a group of horses and riders and we love to have our own cheering section.
Join us for the 2019 Winter Stable Show at Stone Ledge Farm! Open to students of SLF, and a potluck for family and friends to enjoy. Horse show bling vendor Jodi Nelson will be on site providing crops, number magnets, barrettes, pins, etc. for sale. Check out her Facebook page. We are excited to welcome Stacey Meyers as our judge! Stacey has recently relocated to Illinois to Merriehill Farm after a successful stint with Broadmoor in Pennsylvania, where she trained and showed several World Champions. Visit this event on Facebook.
BAILEY’S BOOT CAMP
Get ready to have your boots rocked by Bailey’s Boot Camp!
This 2 hour long cardio & strength training fitness class takes traditional exercises into the realm of the barn. This is not your average fitness class, so get ready to work hard, have fun, and get dirty!
- Space is limited. Sign-up sheet is posted in the barn.
- Restricted to ages 16+
- $25 per person
Note, this is not a riding class! Bailey’s Boot Camp is an all-out fitness class designed to make you sweat! This class combines traditional exercises with movements you would encounter in a barn!
Cost: Cost will vary depending on whether riders need a SLF T-shirt to wear. Competitors who do NOT need a T-shirt will pay a registration fee of $85 per show, and competitors who DO need a SLF T-shirt will pay a registration fee of $100 in order to receive a T-shirt to wear for the show. Riders may sign up on the sign-up sheet posted in the barn. Please contact Christie or Becky with any questions about registration!
Tri-State All Morgan Show
July 16 -18, Shipshewana, IN
July 24 - 26, Roscoe, IL
Aug 12 - 15, Springfield, OH
Sept 2-5, 2020, Springfield, IL
Morgan Grand National
Oct 10-17, 2020, Oklahoma City, OK
6912 Manchester Rd.
South Beloit, IL 61080