Stone Ledge Farm
COVID-19 POLICIES & PROTOCOL
- Staff showing symptoms will not be permitted to work or enter the facility.
- Staff will practice proper social distancing between each other and clients with a requirement of
using a mask when assisting the client to maintain safety.
- Staff will follow proper sanitizing best practices of hand washing and including the use of hand
- Facility will implement access restrictions to prevent clients from entering staff only areas.
- Daily sanitizing of common areas including restrooms, door handles, faucet handles, and any
other commonly touched surfaces.
Access to the Facility
- Access to the facility is by appointment only.
- Clients must stay in their vehicle until the trainer, instructor or staff clears space for entry. This
will limit “overlap” of clients in the facility at one time.
- Access will be restricted to anyone showing symptoms or signs of fever, and SLF reserves the
right to deny access to anyone exhibiting symptoms or signs of fever.
- During Tier 3 restrictions per the state of IL, parents/guardians will not be permitted to spectate
during lessons and only students receiving their lesson will be permitted into the facility.
- The viewing room will remain off limits, and bathroom usage is to be kept to a minimum.
- Any client considered “at risk” due to age or existing medical condition is asked to schedule
lessons at a time when no other clients are present at the facility. Guardians that are also
considered “at risk” are asked to remain in the car during the session.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and used at the time of entrance and exit of the facility.
- SLF will not be accepting new students until July 1st, tentatively.
During the Session
- All clients must always wear a mask except when riding or driving. All riders must wear gloves
during the session.
- Client shall not assist with grooming, tacking or untacking of the horse. SLF staff will be
handling getting horses ready and untacked for each session.
- All tack will be properly cleaned following each session. Saddles and reins touched by the client
will be wiped down after use.
- Only instructors, clients or appropriate staff members are allowed in the arena or workspace
during the session to maintain safety.
- Staff can help with mounting and dismounting, but all present must wear a mask.
- Students and instructors will maintain recommended social distancing during the session.
- “Hanging around” after the session is strongly discouraged. All clients must leave the facility
after their session so that the next client may enter when cleared by staff.
Protocols are fashioned after the Suggested Best Practices for Operating Barns in the COVID-19 Environment, May 4, 2020 from the Joint Leadership Council, comprised of members from the American Hackney Horse Society, American Morgan Horse Association, American Road Horse & Pony Association, American Saddlebred Horse Association, American Saddlebred Registry and the United Professional Horsemen’s Association.